Privacy & Cookies Policy
Privacy & Cookies Policy
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By registering for any services or information provided by Clarion on this website, by using the Clarion web site generally, by post, fax or telephone you agree to this use.
Your Personal Information
When you request information from, or register for tickets to attend Clarion Events and use this website you will be asked to provide information that is required for the purposes set out below. This will include information such as:
- your name, address and other contacts details
- profile or preferences you provide to us
- payments details such as card details when you make payments and the related purchase information
- information that you give us may be supplemented with information available to us from other
- sources such as address checking services, screening data against preference services, geo-demographic/lifestyle databases and standard industry classification information for profiling purposes.
How we use your information
We may use the information you give us for the following purposes:
- to register you with our website and to administer our website services.
- to provide you with services and information that you have requested about Clarion events (e.g. information about events that you have requested).
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer, information and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you with information about Clarion events which we believe will closely match your preferences.
- Our events may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example using automatically selecting services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
We may keep you informed of such services (including details of shows, special offers, discounts, competitions and newsletters) by using the following methods:
- mobile messaging
If you do not wish to receive information about Clarion events, please:
- Tick the opt-out box provided when registering on this website or on printed application forms.
- Let the telephone operator know.
- Click the unsubscribe box when receiving emails from us.
We may from time to time contact you for the purposes of market research for Clarion events using the contact methods mentioned above.
We may also use your information to administer any prize draws or competitions or other promotions that you choose to enter.
We may, from time to time release your data to carefully selected third parties, unrelated to Clarion events, for the purposes of marketing.
If you do / do not wish to receive information from third parties, please:
- Tick the opt-out / opt-in boxes provided when registering on this website or on printed application forms or alternatively contact us on email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call +31346590901.
We value our relationship with you and by requesting information on, or registering / buying tickets to attend Clarion events, you agree that we may use the contact details provided to us for our events as set out above.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may give information about you to the following (who may use it for the same purposes as set out above):
- To our partners and third parties that collaborate with us for an event for which you registered.
- Agents and third parties who fulfil any other services on Clarion's behalf (e.g. to administer payments for purchases, despatch tickets and information etc).
- To other delegates (only where you are attending in a professional capacity, e.g. business related events) where it is expected that attendees will have access to a list of attendees and their organisation but not the actual contact details.
- To other organisations for the administration of prize draws, competitions or promotions.
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties with you (for example a sale of the business or the sale of a particular event).
- To carefully selected third parties who rent Clarion lists for marketing purposes.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
"Cookies" may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our web site. A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. For example, cookies allow us to understand the pages and advertisements you visit, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our web site. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our web site more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our web site.
If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this [you will / will not be able to browse our website]. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses. If your computer uses Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you will need to follow these instructions after clicking onto this link www.aboutcookies.org (Clarion is not responsible for the content of external websites. This link will open a new window.) Go to the heading "Manage Cookies". Click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click on the "help" heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on "cookies" - an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
We take the security of your information very seriously and we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request (see details below) and payment of a fee (currently £10). If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites. In order to protect you, our customers and us from fraud, we may use and disclose or verify information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, for the purposes of fraud prevention and detection.
How can I get my name removed from a Clarion Events mailing list?
Each mailing (including by email or mobile messaging) we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe. Please follow unsubscribe instructions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email, and wherever possible specifying the exact mailing that you do not want to receive or post your request to The Data Manager, Clarion Events Ltd, Fulham Green, Bedford House, 69 - 79 Fulham High Street, SW6 3JW, UK. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
How do I change any details stored on the Clarion website?
To change any of your registered details, email email@example.com with the word "Change" in the subject line with your existing details and your new details or post your original details and changes to The Data Manager, Clarion Events Ltd, Fulham Green, Bedford House, 69 - 79 Fulham High Street, SW6 3JW, UK.
For further information about Clarion Events please read our terms and conditions.